Join Mazars experts for a virtual session to learn about the Covid-19 impact on the expected credit losses (ECL) in European banks' financial disclosures.
Financial performance of European banks in the context of Covid-19: ECL-related impacts
Tuesday, 25 May 2021, 14:00 - 15:00 CET
The Covid-19 crisis continues to undermine global financial stability, and the full impact on the banking sector is yet to be determined. In this context, Mazars analysed the financial performance of 26 banks in 11 countries to help financial institutions better understand the impact of Covid-19 on the expected credit losses. The study is based on audited information communicated in the 2020 annual reports of participating banks published until 1 April 2021.
During our virtual session, Mazars experts will present the report's key findings, mainly focusing on ECL-related impacts.
The conversation will be around:
- The extent to which the Covid-19 pandemic has impacted the operating profit or loss, and the 2020 ECL charge.
- The consequences on the ECL coverage ratios and the ventilation of gross credit exposure and ECL allowance by stage.
- What European banks disclosed on their post-model adjustments and macro-economic assumptions.
- Vincent Guillard, Partner, Mazars
- Florence Michel, Senior manager, Mazars